about the blog
Good morning, everyone! Exciting news: Andrea from Fabulous Torture nominated me for the Liebster Award! This award is given to new bloggers with less than 200 followers to encourage the new blogger to continue blogging.
The rules are the following:
1. Link back to the blogger who nominated you thanking them.
2. Answer the 10 questions you've been asked from the person who nominated you.
3. Create 10 questions of your own to ask some other bloggers.
4. Share the love: Choose 10 other bloggers, with less than 200 followers, to nominate and send them a comment or message letting them know you've nominated them.
Thank you Andrea for the nomination! So sweet of you :)
Here are Andrea's questions:
My 10 questions:1. When did you start blogging? I actually had another blog that I started in February of 2013, but I shut it down after a couple months. I kept everything private and it just wasn't any fun for me. This blog is much more personal and has been around since August 20th!
2. What 3 words describe your blog? Fashion, Lifestyle, Random
3. What or who inspired you to start blogging? I wanted to blog to keep track of my outfits and to inspire myself to be more creative in my outfits. (And who knows, maybe inspire other people too!) I also wanted a way to document fun thing I was doing in my life.
4. Describe your style! Girly, preppy, colorful, classic,
5. What are your hobbies beside blogging? Yoga, painting my nails, watching Beauty Gurus on Youtube ;)
6. Name 3 bloggers you like to follow and why? Life With Emily, The Sweetest Thing, Pinterest Told Me To
7. What is your favorite article of clothing? It's not "technically" clothes... but my Tory Burch leopard flats
8. Name three favorite stores you like to shop and why? Express, J Crew, DSW
9. What’s your short term goal? My short term goal is to start really building an identity for my blog. Right now, since I have such few posts, it is very sporadic and random. I want it to be a lifestyle and fashion blog. I want to wear and showcase outfits that other people can actually afford and see themselves wearing! I want to document my life so I can read this blog years down the road and remember some great times I had.
10. What’s your long term goal? I'm not really sure what my long term goal is. I just want to keep blogging as long as I enjoy it. I don't want to ever "force" myself to blog. I want to do it because I want to do it and be happy!
*I will link up those who I nominate later -- I am on a time crunch right now!*
If you read on Friday you know that I went to the Michael Buble concert this weekend. It was FANTASTIC. You can see my pictures and videos I took on my Instagram: _darcyylynn_ OR search the hashtag #MBWorldTour to completely fall in love with Michael. If you have the chance to go see him -- do it! You won't be disappointed. He puts on a great show, is an amazing singer, and is hilarious! Below is what I wore to the show:
// Target Blouse / J Crew Skirt / Guess Sandals / GroopDealz Necklace//
P.S. He finished his show with "A Song For You" and sang the last lines of it sans microphone. It was raw and beautiful. Below is a clip of him doing the song in New York.